The best part of the week! Sometimes you want to give your students an extra fun assignment or activity towards the end of the day. Take a look below for some ideas.
Give Me Five Friday- Created and given to me by Brian Swank, this activity encourages five students to do some research during the week for a quick, five minute presentation on Friday.
Candy Bar Friday
- Early in the week, have each student bring in their favorite candy bar. On Friday, divide students into small groups.
- Measure each candy bar for length, width and height. Find the volume, perimeter and surface area.
- Weigh each candy bar and round the weight to the nearest gram. Make a list of your group's candy bars from heaviest to lightest.
- Compare and contrast the ingredients in your candy bars.
- Write one descriptive sentence about the wrapper of your candy bar.
- Make a tally of all the candy bars in the room. Create a bar graph with the data.
- Write a TV commercial about one candy bar from your group.
- Use the names of the candy bars in your group to write a short story.
- Create awards for each candy bar in your group (chewiest, longest, etc.)